At Surfboard we’re making work more human. Few companies have the right tools to manage their teams in a way that promotes job fulfilment and provides excellent customer service and our team want to change this.
- Be a core member of our team building our early product and platform, from inception to deployment, from frontend to backend.
- Contribute to best practices for our CI/CD process.
- Shape and embody the technical culture, shaping the team to grow in the healthiest way possible.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as product management, and design to deliver user-focused and delightful experiences.
Our tech stack
Heroku, GCP, NodeJS, Typescript, NestJS, React, Postgres.
Spitalfields, London / Hybrid
You will be a good fit if you…
- Are interested in joining a mission-oriented startup at the earliest possible stage where you can have incredible impact.
- Are interested in helping shape the technical direction of the company, including technological and architectural choices.
- Enjoy collaborating with Product managers and Designers to craft effective and delightful experiences.
- You like to keep things simple so we focus on the product and not in over-engineered solutions.
Some challenges we need to solve…
- How do we handle concurrent edits when multiple managers edit a schedule?
- How do we ingest 3rd party data quick enough to offer nearly real time reporting?
- How do we improve performance when rendering hundreds of agent’s schedules?
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Hybrid model to suit you – predominantly from home with the opportunity to work in our office space in East London
- Great exposure and ability to impact a fast-growing, mission-driven start-up
- £500/yr professional development budget
- Get to know each other Initial phone screen with our Engineering Leads & Head of Product (30 mins).
- Technical challenge. Either take-home or via video call (1-2 hours).
- Team interview. Speak with a few more of the team. They’ll want to know what it’s like to work with you, and you’ll have opportunity to really dig into what life’s like at Surfboard (30-45 mins).
- Final round. Meet Natasha, our Founder and CEO (30 mins).
- Offer! We’ll get back to you ASAP, and set up a call to go through the details of your offer and answer any final questions you may have.
Apply now through Otta